CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 15, 2013

Writer's Workshop

Oh how I have missed blogging. What's a better way to get back than to write using a prompt from World Famous Mama Kat? *yes I'm sucking up here.... ;)*



The Prompts:
  1.) What do you miss most about your childhood neighborhood?
 2.) Draw a picture that you feel accurately depicts one of your last tweets.
 3.) Someone you talked to today…
 4.) Your middle name.
 5.) 6 things you never learned in school.

I think I'll respond to 2 of these.  Mainly because one of them would be a really short post...well, like most of mine anyway.  :)

1.  What do I miss about my childhood neighborhood....  Well, right now I live next door to the house I grew up in.  My mom still lives there.  So basically I live in my childhood backyard, literally.  What I miss is seeing friends.  Now, most of my neighbors have known me since I was 3, so its not like I don't know them, but its not as "carefree" as it was when I was little.  My kids weren't able to play outside as safely as I did, etc...  Friends move away, but they still stay in your heart.........and on your Facebook..  ;)

4.  My middle name.........is Ann.  My dad named me.... Love my daddy, but dang... can you get anynmore plain??  :)

3 comments:

  1. Hopping over from Mama Kat's link up. How cool that you live right next door to your mom (at least it sounds cool in theory!) And my middle name is a snoozer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting--I supposed I wouldn't let me kiddos run around like we did in our small town years ago. What the heck changed? More creeps? So sad, isn't it?

    Stopping by from Mama Kat's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to live in my old neighborhood again! Maybe one day. I still don't think I'd be able to let my kids roam all day the way we did though.

    Visiting from Mama Kat's!

    ReplyDelete